Museum and Archives Program
Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson Archive Museum
Located at Camp Wendy, 149 St. Elmo Road, Wallkill, NY 12589
Due to COVID-19, the Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson Museum has
suspended all troop visits.. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.
Visit our newly renovated, interactive Girl Scout museum featuring the wonderful world of Girl Scouting since 1912 and fun activities to explore.
Programs for troops
Learn what Girl Scouts did through the ages. Dress up like a Girl Scout from any era you choose. Programs usually last 1 ½ hour.
- Meet Juliette Gordon Low
- Try on vintage uniforms
- Experience needle arts, typewriting, learn trail signs
- Try a badge requirement from an earlier time
If you have a particular need, please contact us and we will try to accommodate you.
Each spring we offer our brownie Secrets Event which is a program for Brownie troops and Juliettes at Camp Wendy. Registration is through the GSHH website. There is a new program each year which may include:
- Ceremony activities
- History Activities
- Outdoor skills
Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors are invited to volunteer at the event.
Resources for the GSHH Community to Borrow
Items are available to Girl Scout volunteers to use at events or programs.
- Boxes of historic items for display
- DVD of the historic Girl Scout film “The Golden Eaglet”
- Historic uniforms and replicas for display, fashion shows, and parades
- Great program resources from the past that can be used today
Contact us at email@example.com or by phone at 914-747-3080 ext. 731 to set up a program or visits.