Girl Scout Camp is not only about gaining outdoor skills and friendships - it’s about helping girls discover who they are by exploring the world around them. At camp, girls realize that anything is possible…and that their next great adventure is just around the corner.
Whether they go for a day, a week, or longer, camping provides girls with the opportunity to plan, budget, pack, cook, build a fire, and leave a place better than she found it.
Each of our 4 camp properties gives girls and leaders a chance to explore historically significant and visually breathtaking parts of the Hudson Valley. Each camp offers different programmatic aspects and different amenities, and we’re happy to help you choose one that works best for you and your needs.
Every girl deserves a chance to camp, and Girl Scout camp programs are open to ALL girls!
To rent a camp property go to our Rent Our Facilities Page
Camp Addisone Boyce
30 Mott Farm Road
Tomkins Cove, NY 10986
Camp Ludington is a 150 acre site, located just north of Lake Carmel in Dutchess County. Its undisturbed natural beauty boasts of an extensive hiking trail that intersects with the Appalachian Trail and provides spectacular views of the surrounding area. Camp Ludington also has a lake for boating or fishing, an established letterboxing course, play fields, and a screened in dining hall that overlooks the lake. In the winter, it is a great space for snowshoeing. Camp Ludington is recommended for troops that have been camping before.
- Four units each with platform tents hosting 30-45 people, a kitchen shelter with picnic tables, and fire places. Latrines are in each unit.
- Sheltered areas for badge work, troop meetings, or arts and crafts activities
Camp Ludington is primarily used for troop and community camping, and outdoor programming, and can be rented for day or overnight use. Day use is permitted during the winter for outdoor programming.
149 St. Elmo Road
Wallkill, NY 12589
Camp Wendy has 56 acres of gentle rolling hills, winding trails, beautiful forests and a 13-acre lake nestled in the foothills of the Shawangunks in the hamlet of Wallkill, Ulster County. It is also the home of the GSHH Archive Museum. The large lake can be used for boating or fishing, and there is an established letterboxing course on site.
- Two units, each with platform tents, kitchen shelter with picnic tables, fire place, and water. Unit capacities range from 15-30.
- Martin Lodge is available year round. There are nearby latrines. No water inside the lodge. Can sleep up to 20.
- Central washhouse with flush toilets
- Central dining hall, letterboxing course, large playing field, and lake.
Camp Wendy is primarily used for troop and community camping, and outdoor programming, and can be rented for day or overnight use. Selected spaces are available for rental year round.
Rock Hill Camp
300 Wixon Pond Road
Mahopac, NY 10541
Rock Hill's 190 wooded acres provide the perfect setting for a variety of activities allowing you and your girls several different ways to enjoy being outdoors! In addition to a lake for boating and swimming, there are hiking trails, an archery range, low, mid, and high ropes courses, letterboxing, a large game field, and plenty of program spaces for troop meetings, badge work, crafts, or games.
- Four winterized cabins with a kitchen, fireplace, flush toilets and showers. Three of these cabins sleep 28 each, the fourth sleeps 15.
- Four platform tent units with flush toilets and hot showers, a kitchen shelter with picnic tables, and a fire circle. Each unit sleeps 40 people.
- One platform tent unit with latrines, kitchen shelter, picnic tables and a fire circle. Sleeps 40.
- Dining Hall is also winterized and can hold up to 200 people for daytime activities.
- Open-air pavilion attached to large play field
Rock Hill is available year round for troop and community camping, troop and leader meetings, after school programs, and special events. Rock Hill Camp is used for GSHH resident camp in the summer. There is an on-site camp ranger year round.