Seasonal Camp Employment
Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson, Inc. (GSHH) is now accepting applications for seasonal camp staff for our summer camp programs. Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson has three camps to give girls a fantastic summer while learning skills, making new friends and creating memories. We have day camp and resident camp options. Working at one of our camps provides the same wonderful experiences for our staff! In order to work at camp you must:
- Be at least 16 years old to work at a day camp and at least 17 years old to work at a resident camp
- Commit to the entire camp season from mid-June to mid-August 2018
- Believe girls should be given opportunities to build self-confidence
- Enjoy working with girls age 5-17
- Be comfortable in the outdoors
- Know how to plan activities utilizing girls' input
- Accept the Girl Scout philosophy and ideals
- Take job responsibilities and policies seriously
- For resident camp, be willing to live on-site while camp is in session, generally Sunday through Friday
Why work at a summer camp?
Working at a summer camp can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Camp will challenge you physically, mentally, and emotionally, but will give you a wonderful employment experience that you will remember for many years. You will have the opportunity to work with diverse staffs who believe in building leadership skills for girls.
How do I apply?
You can complete our online application process for summer 2018. Please complete the entire application; incomplete submissions will not be processed. Once you have filled out the application, click the Submit button at the end of the form.
Once we receive your submission, we will review your application and contact selected applicants regarding an interview. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis beginning immediately. We will also contact the individuals whom you have listed on your application as references to obtain a completed reference form.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know which of our camps you want to work at, please include that in the subject line.