Be the role model she'll always remember.
As a volunteer, you’ll introduce girls to new experiences that show them they’re capable of more than they ever imagined.
You’ll be their cheerleader, guide, and mentor, helping them develop skills and confidence that will last a lifetime. Imagine the smiles, the excitement, the memories made—those are the moments you’ll share at Girl Scouts.
Start the fun now!
Steps to Becoming a Troop Leader
1. Contact your Girl Scout Staff Recruiter for a troop number.
2. Once you have a troop number you can register to become a member of the Girl Scouts. You will be asked to pay $15.
3. There will be a trigger in the system that will send out a
background check link from our vendor
Asurint within 24 hours. The link is time sensitive and
should be submitted as soon as it’s received.
**Be sure to check your spam folder. Note if you do not receive this in three business days, contact Dolores DaSilva at email@example.com She will have another one sent out to you.
**Please do not share this link as it will be customized to you ONLY.
**The cost for the background check is $6.25 and is valid for 3 years.
4. View the 45 min Girl
Scouting 101 video
5. Complete the self-study for the "Volunteer Essentials," read over the "Troop Start-up Guide" and review the "Safety Activity Check Points". There is a New Leader "I understand my responsibilities" page at the end of the Troop Start up guide, which needs to be signed and emailed back to the customer care team GSHH Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 914-752-2488.
7. Girls and their families can join your troop via the online catalog as long as they have your troop number - please be sure to share it with them.