Girl Scout week is a time to celebrate what it means to be a Girl Scout! Join GSHH for a week of great activities that lead up to Girl Scout's 109th Birthday on Friday, March 12!
Girl Scout Week Schedule:
Sunday, March 7: Girl Scout Sunday
Girl Scout Sunday is a special day dedicated to thinking about your beliefs and how they’re reflected in the Girl Scout Law. Reflect on what the Girl Scout Promise and Law means to you.
- How does your faith/beliefs reflect on the Girl Scout Law?
- Do something kind/nice for another Girl Scout.
Monday, March 8: Entrepreneur Day!
- Talk to your grownup(s) about supporting a locally owned business or order from your local Girl Scout shop to show your support.
- Talk to someone you know who has their own business! Ask questions about how they started and how they are successful.
Tuesday, March 9: Let's Get Outdoors!
- Go outdoors and learn about the different plants in your area or your own yard and observe what happens to them during the different seasons.
- Create an outdoor scavenger hunt to share with your friends and family!
Wednesday, March 10: Women Empowerment Wednesday!
- Interview a strong and empowered woman in your life (whether it be a teacher, coach, family member)! Ask about their career.
- Were they a Girl Scout growing up? Did Girl Scouts help them achieve their goals in their career?
Thursday, March 11: For the Troops Thursday!
- Make a card or write a letter to send to military troops. Contact Operation Cookie Drop to get a list of active military troops at home and overseas or veterans associations to send mail.
- Do you know of have a family member who is an active duty or retired Military Service Member? Take a moment today to thank them for their service and invite them to tell you about their experience.
- Donate a box of cookies to Operation Cookie Drop to send to military troops overseas, in hospitals, or veterans homes.
Friday, March 12: Happy Birthday Girl Scouts!
- Bake a cake or cupcakes for Girl Scouts 109th Birthday to share with your family!
- Teach your family about Girl Scouts' Birthday and when it was founded.
- Have a virtual Girl Scout birthday party with your troop!
Saturday, March 13: Day of Service!
- Plan some fun activities for an evening of family bonding time!
- Donate goods for those in need (People to People, Salvation Army, Homeless Shelters, Animal Shelters, etc.).