Chief Financial Officer
Council: Girl Scouts Heart Of The Hudson
Job Location: NY - Pleasantville
Salary Range: $100,000 (Annually)
Employment Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Job #: 7961
Post Date: 8/26/2022
Opportunity to work in a hybrid environment in the following counties: Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester.
Girl Scouts is the world’s preeminent organization dedicated solely to all girls where, in an accepting and nurturing environment, girls build character and skills for success in the real world. Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson has a current membership of 14,000 girls, 8,000 valued adult volunteers, and operates service centers, Girl Scout houses, and four camps. The council’s annual operating budget is $5.9 million. Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson offers every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A key member of the council’s senior leadership team, the Chief
Final Officer (CFO) reports to the CEO and will develop, implement and
manage all finance/accounting, internal control, and budgeting
functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting and
financial principles and regulations. Principal responsibilities
• Implements processes to automate and streamline finance and business functions.
• Develops written policies and procedures for internal controls.
• Implements forecasting for operations, capital improvements and cash flow.
• Prepares the general operating and capital budgets. Monitors performance of the approved budget and the financial stability of the council.
• Monitors sales, general expenses, and inventories related to retail sales, including the iconic cookie sales program.
• Manages investment performance, setting return expectations and monitoring actual returns.
• Oversees IT operations spanning HR, payroll and financial aspects of the employee benefits program.
• Oversees business operations and property, including the establishment of policies and procedures for the operation, maintenance, risk management and upkeep of the council’s properties.
• Serves as the lead on the council’s annual audit process and 990 preparation.
• Advises the CEO, board of directors, finance and audit committees to ensure that financial strategies, decisions, and functions effectively facilitate achievement of council goals.
A minimum of seven years’ comprehensive financial management experience is required, with a comparable level of authority and responsibility including staff management. Highly valued will be experience in nonprofit financial administration. At a minimum, the CFO will possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience appropriate for the role of CFO, with graduate degree strongly preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Teams software is desired, with specific experience in financial packages Abila, MIP, and Salesforce desired.
For more information, please contact the council directly.
How to Apply
If your career aspirations include being the key financial person in a nonprofit serving the leadership development needs of girls, young women and adults who associate with Girl Scouting, we want to hear from you. All resumes will be acknowledged and held confidential.
For consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
Bob Perodeau, Principal
Evergreen Executive Source, LLC
Voice (800) 286 4009 www.egreensource.com
Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson, Inc.
2 Great Oak Lane
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Fax #: 914-747-0154
Web Site: http://www.girlscoutshh.org