Assistant Ranger (at Large)
Department: Business Ops and Property FLSA: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director Business Ops and Property Status: Part-time
Supervises: N/A Updated: October, 2022
The Assistant Property Caretaker assists the Property Department staff in providing general maintenance and custodial services of all GSHH properties in accordance with GSHH policies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Perform seasonal work at the camp properties including: grounds maintenance and lawn mowing, tent set up and take down, dock set up and take down, and snow removal.
• Assist in performing building system repair and maintenance
• Help to ensure all vehicles, tools and equipment are maintained in good working condition and stored properly when not in use.
• Monitor properties for damage caused by weather or vandalism, and report incident to the Director of Business Operations and Property.
BASIC SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• General skills in carpentry, plumbing, and mechanical required. Willingness to further develop these skills desired.
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including the ability to regularly lift heavy weights in excess of 50 lb, and be able to work out of doors in all seasons.
• Must be able to travel throughout assigned area, possess own car and a valid driver’s license, and be willing to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
• Must possess good judgment and strong operational focus.
• Must be well organized, self-directed, and a team player.
• Strong work ethic, unquestionable reputation for honesty and integrity.