Home » Support Us » Family Annual Giving Campaign » Leader & Volunteer Instructions
Instructions to Leaders and Volunteers
As a volunteer and leader in Girl Scouts you are the key ambassadors for the Annual Giving campaign. We ask you to represent the Girl Scout organization by speaking to Girl Scout parents, businesses, alumnae and supporters about how they can make a gift that will support girls in Girl Scouting.
Actions you are asked to take as a Girl Scout troop leader, volunteer or member of the Service Unit Leadership Team:
- Give the Annual Giving brochure and Parent Letter to every Girl Scout parent in your troop / Service Unit--at meetings, via email, snail mail and social media.
- Tell parents that Annual Giving is important because it enables GSHH to give girls the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and make an impact on the lives of girls in every community throughout our council area.
- Encourage parents to give a donation either in the envelope back to their troop leader or on the GSHH website.
- Remind parents that their $12 annual membership fee goes to GSUSA and that their troop dues (if their daughter is involved in a troop) pays for badges, uniforms and other supplies and activities, that all stay within the troop.
- Ask local businesses in your area to support the girls in our communities by making a donation to GSHH; use the business connection letter to customize for your approach.
- Organize a special event in your service unit to support the Annual Giving campaign.
Share important facts about GSHH and what Annual Giving is for:
- Camperships and scholarships for girls, o Background checks for volunteers,o Training and support for volunteers,
- Girl programs,
- Lifetime memberships for all Gold Award recipients,
- Maintenance and improvements to our training facilities where volunteers are trained, Girl Scout houses where girls meet and camps used for programs year round.
Actions for Annual Giving Chairs & Service Unit Managers:
- Use the training materials below to create your campaign plan.
- Rally your troop leaders and troop chairs.
- Attend a training webinar on the following dates: * October 17th at 12pm and 7pm * November 14th at 7pm
- Contact your Fund Development Manager to sign up for training or for questions: * Monica Spears – (Dutchess, Putnam, Sullivan and Westchester) Email: email@example.com, phone: 914-747-3080 ext. 765, * Mary Ellen Walsh – (Orange, Rockland, Ulster) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 914-747-3080 ext. 739