Home » News/Events
Girl Board Application Process
[ Back to News/Events ]
January 4, 2012
Take Leadership to a Whole New Level
And become a girl board member
How to Apply for the Position:
1. Make sure you meet the requirements:
a. Are you currently registered as a Girl Scout with GSHH?
b. Will you be at least 16 years of age at the time the application is due?
2. Download and fill out this application.
3. Submit the application as well as a personal essay and two letters of recommendation by Thursday, March 1st, , 2012.
a. The personal essay should include extracurricular activities you are involved in, your plans for after high school, and why you have chosen to apply for this position.
b. One of the letters of recommendation must come from a Girl Scout adult.
c. The 2nd letter of recommendation can come from a teacher, coach, employer, counselor, or other non-related adult.
d. Completed work should be directed to Amanda Benton:GSHH| Attn: Amanda Benton, Program Manager | 3 Neptune Drive | Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 Fax: 845.452.1878 | E-mail: email@example.com
4. Girls will be notified that their paperwork has been received.
5. All paperwork will be read and evaluated by council/GSHH Board Members.
6. Qualifying applicants will be notified by March 1, 2012.
7. Each qualifying applicant will attend a short interview.
8. Final decision will be announced before April 21, 2012.
9. Two Girl Board Members will be voted in at the Annual Meeting to be held on Saturday April 21, 2012.
NOTE: Only completed applications will be considered.r