Girl Scout Merchandise (GSM) continues to honor its commitment to U.S.-made products and to strive to keep its carbon footprint as small as possible. Girl Scout vests, sashes, tunics, and insignia are all currently produced in this country, and we are reaching out to more vendors that have capabilities to produce stateside. In addition, beginning in July, Daisy, Brownie, Junior, and Cadette badge production will take place in the United States. The fabric, thread, iron-on backing, and packaging are all produced in America. The USA made product will be available to start shipping in July 2017.
In order to offer the USA made product there will be an increase to the pricing structure.
- NEW Retail Price on Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Cadette will be $3.00
- This change will be effective July 1, 2017
- The new Girl's Choice Senior and Ambassador Outdoor Camping badges and the related Take Action badges are USA made. They will cost $3 each.
- Current off-shore Senior and Ambassador Badges are not impacted either at wholesale or at retail at this time.
- Pricing on these Senior and Ambassador Badges remain at $2.00.
BENEFITS OF RESHORING
Reshoring the manufacture of products provides a number of benefits. Producing stateside supports U.S manufacturing, the U.S. economy, and creates jobs for American workers. Reshoring our products also reduces the lead time from production to customer and simplifies our supply chain management process. Both aid us in providing better service to our customers. Additionally, choosing to bring manufacturing here, where regulations on industrial waste and emissions are consistent and companies are incented to become more environmentally sustainable, benefits the world by limiting waste output. U.S. reshoring also brings production assemblies closer to end users. As a result, vehicles consume less fossil fuel to transport goods to customers, reducing emissions.