Home » Cookies & More » What Can A Girl Do
What can a girl do? A World of Good!
Here are some real examples of our girls doing good:
- Troop 2809 in Briarcliff used $600 of their cookie money to outfit for 4 children with new clothing. The girls accompanied an unemployed single mother and her kids on the shopping trip, and experienced the joy of sharing what they’d earned.
- Troop 40023 in Minisceongo/Central Haverstraw used their cookie money to fuel their Silver Award project, Blankets to Go: waterproof warmth for the homeless. The girls purchased fleece and water proof fabric and created no sew-blankets. They presented the blankets to homeless individuals at a dinner they prepared for them.
- Troop 2408 made teddy bears and sent them with their Operation Cookie Drop cookie boxes to the Middle East.
- Troops 2850 and 412 went to Savannah to visit the city, and see the birthplace of Juliet Gordon Lowe, founder of Girl Scouts.
- One highlight of many girls’ year is their Girl Scout trip to Disneyworld with GSHH.
- Troop 40096 donated to a Girl Scout family whose home was burned in a fire.
- Germonds Troop 40451 set a goal of collecting 1000 boxes of cookies to donate to Operation Cookie Drop. And they did it! Some of their profit they used to buy 22 toys for a local Santa Project.
- Troop 10428 uses cookie profit to serve families at Ronald McDonald House. They created “grab and go” bags for families leaving there to spend the day in hospitals with their sick children.
- Nanuet troop 40208 worked on their Bronze Award, learned about butterflies and planted a butterfly garden at their school, complete with milkweed, an essential for monarch butterfly reproduction.